Monday, January 19, 2009

3/4ths

I'm 3/4ths of the way through my 4-day weekend. It hasn't been quite what I expected, but at least I have one more day to redeem myself & get some stuff done.


Saturday was spent at a dance competition. Okay, I'm going to feel really old when I type this, but it's the truth: dance competitions aren't what they were when I was young!! Dance line is a very different form of dance over studio ballet or jazz. It was educational & entertaining. The girls looked like they were having so much fun!

Also on Saturday, I bought myself a nice, new snowboard. That was an interesting experience. Did you know that if you're a female boarder, you're supposed to like white, pink, butterflies, and rhinestones? On your board? What is up with that? I kind of felt like I had no choice but to be girly. I understand that being girly is okay & maybe a way to differentiate yourself from the boys on the hill, but it doesn't seem right to me. Sorry - if my board is going to be pink, it's going to be fluorescent pink & in your face.
Buddha has had a very interesting weekend himself. He has decided that rocks need to be everywhere in the house. Not just in the living room & kitchen, but in the office, the bathrooms, and the laundry room. I believe he has given himself the task of spreading rocks throughout the house. And he's taken the task a little too far. I'm afraid of moving the covers on the bed when I crawl in. I don't want to be faced with pebbles and rocks.

He also has reverted back to his kittens sleeping ways. He needs to sleep on his mom's face or somewhere near her head. For a while, he would sleep wherever. Now, it's right next to his mom, as close as he can get.

We haven't told Buddha & Wookie yet, but they're going to be on their own in a couple of weeks. Mom & Peter are going to Orlando for a long weekend. We both need it - it's more an escape from stress than a vacation. And we're going to a resort that has nothing to do with theme parks or children. It will be a nice, grown up, relaxing holiday. Maybe we can get massages.... I'm just hoping that we don't come home & discover that they've given the party to end all parties. Probably they'd invite Blizzard, Xavier, and the Rudisill monsters.

1 comments:

Pamela said...

Kali and Devi want to know how much catnip they should bring to the party..oh, wait, no... nevermind.

Good to hear that Mom and Peter are getting away from it all!


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Flowers and Decors. Powered by Blogger